Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 157

I really felt like I owed it to myself to do a great drawing tonight. I made it clear that I was very unhappy with essentially everything about last night's self-portrait, from the circumstances of it being made to the end result. While it was nice to get some positive feedback after I shared it, I still wasn't convinced that it was a good artwork.

One of my daughter Katey's favorites in this project is way back on Day 15. We were talking earlier this evening about all of my self-portraits, and she said again how she loved that drawing.  It got me thinking that I really liked that one too!  And it also got me thinking about how my appearance has changed a lot since that drawing way back in last November.  So I decided to re-visit that theme, and I am very pleased with the results!

It felt great to put in a little more time and effort on this drawing.  Of course, I like how it looks, but it also just felt good to draw for an extended time.  Sometimes it really strikes me how much fun it is to make art, and to do it well enough that I can look at the result with pride.

This is what I do best, and I always need to remember to give it the attention and dedication it deserves...

#157 March 26, 2011,  Pencil
Sounds: Slipknot, Slipknot

1 comment: