Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 137

This drawing is evidence of a very unique situation. There have been several instances where I liked a drawing so much that I planned to revisit the theme again for a future self-portrait. There have been other times when I liked the idea, but felt that the artwork itself was not so great. Again, I planned to revisit the concept in the future. Today's self-portrait is the first time that I re-worked an image the very next day.

I really loved the idea from yesterday's drawing. When a person is seeking something, it often feels like they're blindly grasping for whatever they can get their hands on. Honestly, however, I felt like the facial expression and body position in the previous artwork didn't imply enough urgency. So, I did it again.

And this one tells the story as I wanted it to be told...

#137 March 6, 2011,  Pen
Sounds:  Big Smith, Roots Shoots & Wings

No comments:

Post a Comment