Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 143

To set the stage, I'll admit that I've been exceedingly tired over the past couple days. Once again, I had fallen asleep on the couch, only to wake up rather late at night realizing I needed to make my self-portrait.

It has been quite awhile since I've drawn with a plain ballpoint pen, but I can't really say that I was excited to use it. To be truthful, my exhaustion prevented any type of excitement at that moment! With that said, this is my favorite drawing from the past several days. The loose scribbled lines work well with the spontaneous nature that I was working with.

Once again, I found myself in a situation where, despite the circumstances, an artwork had to be made. In most situations in the past, I would've simply put it off until a later time, but this time the success of the project dictated what I must do. This reminds me of my chosen method of working for most of my life: with a deadline looming overhead like a dark cloud.

I would like to ease out of that mindset slightly, but on the other hand - as they say: "If it's not broken..."

#143 March 12, 2011,  Ballpoint pen

No comments:

Post a Comment