Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 156

There's a phrase that describes an attitude which I really dislike: "mailing it in."

The concept is that a person just does the bare minimum or maybe doesn't even try very hard to complete a task.

Last night I sat on the sofa. It was late and I was extremely tired. I kicked back, knowing full well that I would fall asleep. Unfortunately, I hadn't completed my self-portrait yet. I also knew that I would wake up at some point in the night, at which time I'd make my art. This happened at around 2:00 am.

Through tired eyes and and even more exhausted body, I sat down to draw. Less than ten minutes later, today's drawing was finished.

Without question, I mailed it in today.  I'm not happy about it.

#156 Match 25, 2011,  Ebony pencil

No comments:

Post a Comment