Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 154

On several occasions, I've described a common practice that I use to help me settle on a pose or idea for self-portraits when I feel an artist's block: I look in the mirror and start making faces. Most of the time I wind up laughing at myself as well!

There were several factors that led to the appearance of this drawing. For starters, I had just woke up from a nap that was about two hours too short. The thought of literally holding my eyes open seemed like a reasonable consideration at the moment I sat down. Secondly, I was very pleased with the hand in yesterday's drawing; I love drawing hands anyway, so this provided a little extra motivation to include one today as well.

And thirdly, I just wanted to have a good time, so making a rather silly face seemed like a good idea!!

#154 March 23, 2011,  Pen
Sounds:  Kiss, Alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment