Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 150

I think what I'm saying in this portrait pretty much says it all:

WHAT?!?

It never ceases to amaze me how occasionally an artist can have an idea for an artwork, then make that artwork, and still have no idea what it means! Today I had a little more time to work on my self-portrait, so I decided to work in acrylic. I also decided to show myself in profile. As usual, it didn't take long for a blackbird to make an appearance.

The final element that I added was the voice balloons. Why is the bird saying "LOL"? I have no idea. That was literally the first thing that came to my mind, so I ran with it.

Personally speaking, I don't use the letters "LOL" in texts, emails, or anywhere online. I don't fault anyone who does use it, I simply choose not to. (Although I do tend to give my daughter Katey a hard time about her frequent use of it on occasion!) I don't know if I'm being a traditionalist or just a contrarian when I insist on using "HAHA" in situations when I'm making a joke or indicating that something is funny, but that's just me.

Regarding what the self-portrait means, I still have nothing...

#150 March 19, 2011,  Acrylic on wood panel
Sounds: Rodney Carrington, Morning Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment