Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 134

Last night I dreamed I was in a highrise hotel in Las Vegas with my mom and my daughters. As we looked out the window (technically two walls were actually floor to ceiling glass) we noticed a tornado coming right toward us. The thing that struck me was that it was almost more of a spinning funnel of thick black smoke than a tornado, and in retrospect it didn't seem to have the potential for much destruction. Nonetheless, we were petrified and immediately cowered on the floor in the corner for protection - why we stayed in the room with floor to ceiling windows, I'll never know! As the tornado passed by, I distinctly remember raising my head so I could watch it pass, because at that moment my fear had given way to absolute fascination.

What does all of that mean? Why Vegas? Why a hotel like that? Why a tornado? Well, I have no idea, but it sure made for a weird dream!

#134 March 3, 2011,  Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment