Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 191

I really love portraiture that's very stylized and almost cartoon-like. When I sat down to draw tonight, I really had no idea what I was going to do. I realize that some might think that this is a bad thing (perhaps an indicator of a lack of creativity on my part!), but I actually accept it as a part of reality. After all, this is the 191st self-portrait in this series, and since I don't want all of them to look exactly alike, sometimes it takes a while to decide what to do!

The idea came to me while I was doodling - just making lines and shapes. Since my beard is getting longer on my chin, sometimes I get the impression that it looks a little pointed. So I decided to elaborate on that shape and make the beard very pointed. One thing led to another and I realized that I had created an interesting cartoon version of myself!

#191 April 29, 2011,  Pen
Sounds: Motley Crue, Greatest Hits

No comments:

Post a Comment