Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 163

One of my favorite lines from a movie was spoken by Al Pacino in The Devil's Advocate.  He said:

"Vanity . . . definitely my favorite sin."

I know it goes without saying that my appearance has changed several times already throughout this project.  Over the course of the past 163 days, I've had a full beard, I've been clean-shaved, I've had a full beard again, and I've had a goatee.  (Day 30 gives a nice visual for my interest in looking different at times.)  Most of the time, it's been pretty obvious that my chin is populated primarily with gray whiskers. 

Since I've obviously always had an interest in changing my appearance every now and then, I decided to make a different kind of change.  With a box containing a product specifically designed to color coarse whisker hairs, I stood in front of a mirror using a brush not terribly unlike those I use to make oil paintings and spread a smelly concoction into my goatee.  The result is a color that closely resembles the hair on my head.  Nah, it's not permanent, but I think I'll run with it for now.  It's like I always say when someone has colored or cut their hair in a way that might be a little (or a lot) outisde the norm: it's just hair.  It can be cut or it can grow out.  But it can always be changed.

And like I said earlier:  "Vanity . . . definitely my favorite sin."

#163 April 1, 2011,  Ebony pencil (detail)
Sounds: Stone Sour, Audio Secrecy

#163 April 1, 2011,  Ebony pencil
Sounds: Stone Sour, Audio Secrecy

No comments:

Post a Comment