Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 192

I needed this drawing. Lately it seems that most of my self-portraits have been started excessively late at night. Life happens and forces this to be the case; if I didn't have to wake up early the next morning, this wouldn't be an issue. But . . . I do, so it is.

Tonight was a different situation, however.  While the drawing was still started late, there is no reason to wake up early in the morning.  In other words, I was able to devote an unlimited amount of time to this portrait.  While I love working loose and spontaneous (as has been the case for the majority of my recent drawings), I always have a blast when I can return to my detail-oriented style for a bit.

I've been sitting on this idea for about a week.  I knew the basic outline for where it was going, but I didn't have the details hammered out.  I started with a giant version of a turtle, a beetle, and a chicken, and I was originally going to be riding in a Roman chariot.  Obviously the basic story remained the same, although the details changed significantly!

#192 April 30, 2011,  Pen
Sounds:  Outkast, Speakerboxxx/ The Love Below

No comments:

Post a Comment