Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 172

I had no idea where this drawing was going before I started it. I basically sat down in front of the mirror, and instead of making faces, I simply turned my head one way and then another until I arrived at this position.

It should be noted once again, that a somber expression does not alwas accurately indicate a person's mood, especially if the image is a self-portrait. This was a very fun drawing to make, though. I started it in the late afternoon, but was unable to return to it until around 10:30 tonight. Once the drawing was started, I had a general idea what I would do. Interestingly enough, it looks nothing like I had intended! I suppose that's what happens when you take a break from an artwork for several hours after completing only the bare bones of the portrait...

#172 April 10, 2011,  Ebony pencil
Sounds: Chris Whitley, Din of Ecstasy

No comments:

Post a Comment