Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 126

Tonight I had an interest in exploring the heavy outline that I love adding to my self-portraits.  I decided to create an even bolder appearance than usual with a super thick line that could actually be read as a frame of some sort.  I like the effect, and might enjoy adding some color to another one down the line a ways.

Incidentally, once the drawing began to take shape, this cropped head reminded me of someone wearing a hoodie sweatshirt with the drawstrings pulled tight!!

#126 February 23, 2011,  Ink and pen on paper

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I think I saw someone wearing a hoodie sweatshirt with the drawstring pulled tight yesterday!

    I love the contrast between the heavy simple outline and the finer detail of the facial features inside.

    ReplyDelete