Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 111

I'm noticing a bit of a trend with my choice of materials, and I think this is a good thing.  For the past three days, I've used a bottle of ink and a brush to make my self-portraits.  Before that was a couple days where I used Ebony pencil.  And anyone that's been following along knows that at times I've spent days on end using a pen.

This pleases me because it signals that I'm doing something right, at least in my eyes.  The simple fact is that if I was unhappy with one day's artwork, chances are good that I would do anything I could to make the next portrait better - including switching the medium that I had been using.  The fact that I have several stretches of using the same material tells me that these were times where I personally considered the artworks to be of quality.

Of course I'll continue to explore different mediums as this project progresses.  And I will also continue to revisit some of my old favorites.  I'm still quite excited to see where this goes...

#111 February 8, 2011,  Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment