Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 106

Today's self-portrait is a natural outgrowth of the one from yesterday. I had a great time brushing the ink, and while it was not the first time that I had used that particular medium and process, it was the first time that I had used it on a colored surface and added white for highlights.

It occurred to me that the light areas would look even better in acrylic instead of colored pencil, since the paint would actually appear brighter against the ink. I have also always enjoyed seeing these two mediums used together on a darker material. It just so happened that I had an extra piece of cardboard laying around and it worked very well for the desired effect.

#106 February 3, 2011,  Acrylic and ink on cardboard
Sounds: INXS, Kick

No comments:

Post a Comment