Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 118

I've come to the realization that I need to change the way I do certain things. More and more often the day gets away from me and as the calendar flips from one day to the next, I'm still trying to complete all the tasks I need to finish before I can allow myself to sleep.

Sometimes between work and appointments and meetings and kids' ballgames and checking homework . . . it occasionally seems like my self-portrait gets pushed to the bottom of the list. I love this project and I'm very proud of what I've accomplished up to this point, but every now and then it regrettably falls to the bottom of priority. And quite frankly, with everything else I had going on today, I'm not sure I would have it any other way because some things were simply more important.

But the fact remains: this project will continue to be one of the unchangeable daily parts of my life until the project ends in October, and I will continue to make a self-portrait each and every day until that point. Sometimes I will be able to devote a lot of time to the artwork, and sometimes - such as tonight - I will only be able to give it a few minutes. But I really do like this image (as quickly as it was made) and I feel that gives a pretty accurate portrayal of how I feel at this moment.

We've all felt this way at different times in our lives.  It's not a great feeling.  But I truly believe that days like this are the ones that build our character and forge us into the people that we are meant to be - both the good and the bad.

#118 February 15, 2011,  Pencil
Sounds: Son Volt, Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment