Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 105

I felt a strong urge to get back on track tonight. While I enjoyed yesterday's self-portrait, I've felt a sense of something lacking in the quality of my art from the past couple days.

This drawing came to me in a bit of a "vision", if you will. After a long day of shoveling snow, accomplishing some housework, and doing a marathon task of grocery shopping, I was pretty much drained by the time the evening arrived. Making art was literally the last thing on my mind as I collapsed onto the sofa!

Then something strange happened: I sat up knowing exactly what my self-portrait would look like. And without much deviation, the finished product looks almost exactly as I had pictured it in my mind. This is an amazing process, where it almost feels like my hand is being guided by someone or something else. I don't have a lot of interest in getting spiritual or metaphysical right here and now, but it was a unique feeling that I always welcome when it comes along.

#105 February 2, 2011,  Ink (with brush) and colored pencil on colored paper
Sounds: Yes, 90125

No comments:

Post a Comment