Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 104

So here's the story:

Recently, I've been trying to make time to re-watch one of the newer James Bond movies.  I do tend to think that Daniel Craig makes a pretty great 007, even though his darker, emotional portrayal is far from the witty playboy types of Sean Connery and Roger Moore.  At any rate, I got to thinking about the great villains from the older Bond movies (and how Mike Myers' Dr. Evil really is a complete knock-off of those bad guys).

Well . . . one thing led to another and decided to draw myself in a similar pose as those thoughtful villains.  The main difference is that I wanted to make some sort of slight change.  Changing the clothing style is one obvious choice, but even though I do consider myself a cat person, I figured that changing the animal could be an interesting idea.  My initial thoughts were to use something outlandish, such as an alligator or a minature pony.  But ultimately, I wanted to keep it a little closer to my original inspiration.

So I got to thinking: what would a person like to hold close, that would be soothing, and a gentle and loving companion to offset the inherent meanness of its human conterpart?  (Hey, wait just a minute!!)  This option is nicely derivative of the cat held by those Bond villains, and a rabbit seems that it would be a very nice thing to hold in your arms.

(As I write this, it occurs to me that this is a more complete description than I may have given for any of the previous 103 self-portraits!)


#104 February 1, 2011,  Pen
Sounds: Sweet, Desolation Boulevard

No comments:

Post a Comment