Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 99

This self-portrait started off with a lot of laughs.

I've been accused many times over the years of making myself laugh more than I do other people. Perhaps that's because I understand my humor better than anyone else! At any rate, I had the basic idea for this image running through my mind all day today, but when it came time to sit down and actually make the drawing, I was a little stumped as to what expression I would be making.

So I started making faces. Some were serious, some were solemn, some were plain, and some very just plain funny - I even caught myself laughing almost uncontrollably a couple of times! Oddly enough, I settled on this expression as I lowered my head slightly and let out a huge yawn; it all fell into place at that moment.

As always, there are many possible interpretations to what this image is about. I really like the idea of what it means to me, so much so that I will probably re-visit this theme in the future...

#99 January 27, 2011  Ink
Sounds: John Cowan, John Cowan

No comments:

Post a Comment