Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 90

While working on this portrait, I thought of yet another purpose for "the self-portrait project." While I think this portrait stands on its own as a drawing, it occurred to me that it would make a pretty great full-size painting as well. So it seems that this project is now serving as an in-depth sketchbook for future works!

I got the idea for this drawing during a recent visit with a friend. She was asking several questions about my art-making process, and ultimately described the exchange with the common phrase that she was "picking my brain." Then all of a sudden, she threw out the idea of the seemingly everpresent blackbirds literally picking at my brain - I liked the idea so much that I immediately wrote it down and promised that I'd use it!

So, here it is...

#90 January 18, 2011,  Ink
Sounds: Jeff Black, Honey and Salt

No comments:

Post a Comment