Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 75

My art has previously been described as emotional and expressive. When it comes to what now totals 75 self-portraits in this project, I think this one is the most expressive and displays the most emotionalism of them all.

As I've said before, I generally consider myself to be a very happy person. But, there are times that everyone feels - shall we say - just a little grouchy. Don't get me wrong; I have very few regrets about the choices I have made and the place where my life has taken me. I say without reservation that I have a good life. Sometimes it just seems that the weight of several different things seems to be crushing down all at once. It'll get better - it always does. I know this for a fact.

One of my artistic heroes is Edvard Munch, an artist who made emotional art at its finest. Another expressionistic artist whose work that I adore is Marilyn Manson (yes, the rock singer). I like to think that I channeled both of these artists just a little when making this self-portrait...


#75 January 3, 2011,  Watercolor

No comments:

Post a Comment