Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 74

This was a fun drawing to make!

I like the concept of working in a stream-of-consciousness manner. This drawing was completely unplanned from start to finish, beginning with the little heads floating near left-center, and ending with...uh, I can't remember where I finished!! It's great fun to get an idea, which leads to another, which leads to another...and so on.

I made many drawings like this several years ago and decided to revisit the style of art-making again today. The real difference is that those previous drawings were actually not self-portraits - and this one is. While it's not accurate to say that every single character is "me," some of them are. And as you may have already guessed, I'm not telling which is which!!

#74 January 2, 2010,  Pen
Sounds:  Marilyn Manson, Mechanical Animals

1 comment: