Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 85

One thing that surprises me when I look back on the previous self-portraits in this project is the lack of blatant music imagery. Sure, there are many instances of metaphors or symbolism that hint at a musical genesis for what I have drawn or painted. And of course, I have always shared what music I was listening to while making each artwork.

Music has always been one of the primary influences on my art and art-making. More importanly, music is an ever-present part of my life - at times it has helped me rise above certain bad times, and it has caused me to wallow in pain, negativity, and self-pity in other times. It reminds me both of good and bad times, and of good and bad people. It provides me with ideas for my art, and it gives me inspiration for art-making.

#85 January 13, 2011,  Pen
Sounds: The Beatles, The White Album (Remastered)

No comments:

Post a Comment