Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 308

I had an idea where this drawing was going but - as is often the case - my plans changed. To be more specific, the original idea was for this drawing to be finished with pen. Now, I will admit that I would probably like the extreme darks that could be achieved with pen, and in the long run I'm sure I'd still be pleased with the outcome.

On the other hand, I wouldn't change any of the choices I made with this drawing. I won't go as far to say that it's one of my favorite self-portraits in this series, but I really like it. I like it a lot. And I look back with a smile at the exact moment that I decided to grab an Ebony pencil instead of that black pen. It made all the difference in the world when it comes to this drawing!

#308 August 24, 2011,  Ebony pencil

No comments:

Post a Comment