Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 291

I got to noticing something while working on this drawing.  Circumstances kept me from using a mirror, so I was pretty much unable to work realistically.  And really, that was okay with me; I was more in the mood for something a little more lighthearted today anyhow.  So I drew in the basic oval shape of the head and started adding the rough features. 

And then it happened.

I realized that I added a smile to my face.

And it occurred to me that this has been the case in what seems more often than not lately.

I never thought that a lot of my previous drawings were made out of bad moods or depressed feelings.  And frankly, I still don't.  On the other hand, I know that there have been many occasions where I could have added a smile to my self-portrait but the mood simply didn't strike me. 

And I like the fact that the mood has struck me in that way so often...


#291 August 7, 2011,  Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment