Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 302

A friend who is a fellow art instructor told me tonight that she had been sharing this project with her students, and had used it as a teaching tool while they did their own self-portraits. This is not the first time I've been told this, and each time I hear it, I am so very moved. Of course, I'm proud of the project on a personal level (okay, more some days than others!) but it's pretty wonderful to inspire other people to make their own art as well!!

She said that her students really seemed to like the "freakier" self-portraits, such as the ones where I don't have eyes. I figured since I've focused on them several times lately, this would be a good opportunity to place a bit of an emphasis on my eyes by de-emphasizing them this time around.

Plus, I've gotta agree with those kids: I really love the freaky ones too!

#302 August 18, 2011,  Charcoal on brown paper bag
Sounds: The Beatles, The Beatles (The White Album)

No comments:

Post a Comment