Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 299

About mid-way through this drawing, I thought about what I said regarding yesterday's self-portrait. And the irony was not lost on me.

I love eyes and I love drawing them. However, yesterday's comments were all about obscuring one's vision, either intentionally or otherwise. So it was interesting to me that I wasn't taking those comments into consideration when I started tonight's self-portrait, yet it turned out as it did with four sets of my eyes.

And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the fact that this is yet another example of an artwork that started with a clear vision. And once I got underway, one thing changed...and then another...and then another, until ultimately the final result bears only a passing resemblance to my original idea.

#299 August 15, 2011,  Pen on vellum
Sounds:  Daughtry, Daughtry and Leave This Town

No comments:

Post a Comment