Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 298

For as long I can remember, I've been drawn to imagery that does something to a person's eyes. I am especially drawn to various forms of blindness or loss of eyesight. Of course, this can come in many ways: closed eyes, blindfolds, covered eyes, actual physical blindness, the list goes on.

In a sense, I suppose a shroud of mystery surrounds a person who cannot or chooses not to see what's around them. As for me, I tend to wonder what the person is thinking or the circumstances that cause them to look inward. When it comes to my art, it should be no surprise that I love keeping it a secret!

(As an aside, I'll point out that this self-portrait was made on a brown paper grocery bag. As I was cropping the image, I noticed the word "HUSKY" stamped on the bag and thought it would be fun to leave it!)

#298 August 14, 2011,  Ebony pencil and charcoal on brown paper bag
Sounds:  Ryan Adams, Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment