Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 304

Believe it or not, this self-portrait was built solely around the design of the background. I don't point this out because it's anything special or out of the ordinary. In fact, it's obviously really quite simple and rather easy to create.

The reason I mention it is because the drawing that I've posted is actually the second one I started for today. The original self-portrait was a lot more detailed and a lot more "finished" in appearance. But more importantly, it didn't match my idea for the background at all.

So, in what some might call an act of stubbornness, I abandoned that drawing and started this one. As for myself, I'd rather call it an instance of remaining true to my vision, even if it was a very simple and plain background.

#304 August 20, 2011,  Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment