Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 289

I was so stoked about working in a little more realistic style a couple days ago, that I was motivated to take it even farther today. I've said it before and I'll say it again: one of the great personal benefits to this project is that it's taught me to work much faster than I ever have before. In the past, I would pour over each and every minute detail of an artwork - so much that it would take me hours and days and weeks to complete a single drawing or painting. It's wonderful to have adopted a more economical method of working!

I would also like to add that I really enjoy the unfinished appearance to this drawing. The original idea was to add every detail, but as is often the case, the plan was altered while the drawing was in progress. I'm glad I did it this way - I think the result is quite nice...

#289 August 5, 2011,  Pencil on vellum
Sounds: Mumford and Sons, Sigh No More

1 comment:

  1. I can't help but wonder if at the end of this project you'll find yourself continuing to draw portraits on a daily basis out of habit. The poured ink on bristol board a few days ago was fun to view.

    ReplyDelete