Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 287

I was pretty motivated to draw tonight. I'll admit that last night I wasn't terribly enthused, even though the finished drawing (actually it was more of a sketch) was kinda nice.

It seems like I've spent most of my time this summer doing the kind of work that involves lots of sweat and perserverance, either at our house or on paid jobs for others. And while it's very tiring, I love it. I love having the ability to do things that make people say "I wish I could do that!" And making art is no different.

Normally I tend to work very slow, but this drawing happened in less than a half hour. I love it when that happens! And I think it captured the mood pretty well: it was late at night so I was a little somber, but the quick and loose marks created a nice spontaneous feel.

#287 August 3, 2011,  Ebony pencil

No comments:

Post a Comment