Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 208

I think all artists find themselves in this predicament every now and then.

Sometimes a musician just has a bad performance.

Occasionally a stage actor has an off-night.

And every now and then, even the best visual artists make some really lousy art.

There is not really anything that I like about this self-portrait. I made it very late at night through incredibly tired eyes and mental exhaustion. Sometimes a person puts things off because they just can't motivate themselves to do a project, and sometimes they have more important priorities. In this case, it was the latter.

So, I stand corrected: there is ONE thing I like about this drawing. The reason that it was started late (which led to its poor overall quality) is because I was having a great time with my kids and my lady*.

* In answer to the question I asked in yesterday's post . . . she said YES!

 

#208 May 16, 2011,  Ink
Sounds: The Avett Brothers, Live, Volume 3

No comments:

Post a Comment