Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 194

The imagery looks painful and just a little scary today, but it actually comes from some different places. In my mind, there are two interpretations for this self-portrait.

One way to look at it is that I'm moving very fast.  This is a busy week for me; between the normal day-to-day tasks, it's also finals week, there are various appointments for the kids, and I have a big yard that's in desperate need of being mowed.  It may sound stressful (and truth be told, it is), but I think that's just become my norm anyway.  On the other hand, I have always moved rather quickly: I talk fast, I walk fast, and I tend to keep several things going at once. 

My other interpretation for the drawing is that something is moving toward me.  A casual observer's first thoughts might cause them to think of the wind, but I prefer to go further.  Perhaps it's incredible music played at ear-shattering levels, or an abundance of breathtaking images, or simply the passage of life a being lived. 

This self-portrait was honestly a lot of fun to make.  In fact, when it was finished - rather quickly, I might add - I actually wished I could have worked longer on it...

#194 May 2, 2011,  Ink
Sounds: Foo Fighters, Wasting Light

No comments:

Post a Comment