Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 201

This is another drawing made in a state of complete exhaustion. After several hours of yard work in the hot sun, pitching batting practice, and overall mental fatigue, I sat down to make today's self-portrait. It was a double whammy when I drew a complete blank regarding what the artwork would actually look like; I went from pencil to Sharpie to colored pencil and ultimately to ballpoint pen.

I will say, however, that I really like this drawing for some reason. While it's true that the proportions of my features are not accurate, the effect of the red linework is compelling to me. This is not the first drawing in this medium, it will not be the last...

#201 May 9, 2011,  Ballpoint pen
Sounds: Pearl Jam, rearviewmirror (Greatest Hits 1991-2003) (Disc 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment