Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 69

The good and the bad:

I originally started this self-portrait with a clear idea in mind. But, as is often the case, the idea changed and became something else. Honestly, I love it when this happens because I think it's fantastic when art is allowed to grow on its own and the idea is allowed to become one of the infinite possibilities that it can become.

On the other hand, the original idea was very similar to yesterday's drawing. Call it a "sequel," if you will. As the changes started happening, the drawing became what seems to have become my "style": underdrawing in pencil, drawing in pen, bold heavy outline. While I like the idea of creating a "personal style," I most definitely do not want to become a one-trick pony, a-la Bob Ross.

Perhaps it's time to experiment a little more...

#69 December 28, 2010,  Pen
Sounds: Daughtry, Daughtry

No comments:

Post a Comment