Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 62

As I watched a concert on TV tonight, I was reminded of something that I've always found a little funny: the way that musicians (namely rock stars) will tend to wear sunglasses onstage. It doesn't even matter how dark the concert venue may be, they have their shades on in an attempt to help them look cooler!!

I've mentioned before in this blog that I am a huge music fan. In fact, I often like to say that the greatest injustice in my life is my substandard musical ability! This portrait is an homage to lost musical dreams, and the expression on my face hints at that of a lead guitarist playing a blistering solo!

Interestingly enough, my sketchbook is reflected near the bottom of the sunglasses, perhaps as a tribute to the dream that did come true...


#62 December 21, 2010,  Pen
Sounds: Utopia, Utopia


No comments:

Post a Comment