Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day 66

It's been literally years since I've used this color of conte, called sanguine. And that's pretty strange, really, because I always enjoyed working with that rusty color, especially on plain white paper. I've always been pleased with the range of values that can be achieved from very light to very dark with this medium.

It's also interesting to look at my recent self-portraits. While I've said before that I consider myself to be a very happy person, it seems that images of myself are made with a frown, or scowl, or a general irritated expression. I'm pleased to report that the past three days' drawings have portrayed me with some form of smile! Perhaps I've been even happier than usual...

#66 December 25, 2010,  Conte
Sounds:  Johnny Cash, The Legend of Johnny Cash


No comments:

Post a Comment