Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 51

I really love times like this.

Obviously, yesterday's post - the portrait itself, along with the accompanying text - was quite emotional. There are many things that art can be, and one is that it can most definitely serve as a barometer of the artist's thoughts, feelings, emotional state, and so on. I think there's no doubt that today's image is considerably different. To put it simply: today was a much better day.

It's a bit of a strange situation, to be sharing my feelings and emotions with anyone who chooses to take a look at this project. I can't say that I'm an extremely private person, but it is unquestionably a vulnerable feeling to lay so much out in full view.

When it comes to art-making, I've always been more inclined toward realism. But my personal tastes of what I enjoy looking at are all over the place. In most cases, when a person steps out of their comfort zone, they generally sense a bit of difficulty as they attempt something they are less accustomed to doing. Even though some of the artworks in this project are less successful (frankly, some are terrible!), I cannot express how valuable this experience has already been to me as an artist.

#51 December 10, 2010,  Watercolor and pen
Sounds: Todd Rundgren, Something/Anything? (Disc 2)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I am continuously impressed with the way you are able to convey your personality through art. I really like this one because of the connection with the ups and downs all artists feel.

    ReplyDelete