Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 59

This idea is a continuation of a theme from a painting of mine called The Weight of It All.    I really like occasionally revisiting older artworks because it gives me a chance to look at the idea again and possibly create an even better image than before,  This is not something new; artists have done this many times before.  One of the greatest examples is Edvard Munch's artwork called The Scream, which he reworked many times.  (And was also used again and again by other artists as it was asimilated into pop culture...)

It goes without saying that an artist's mood will dictate the type of imagery that they will create.  It's interesting that I find myself with similar feelings while creating this image as I had when I first worked with this theme...

#59 December 18, 2010,  Pen
Sounds: Seth Avett, The Mourning, the Silver, the Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment