Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 54

This theme goes back a ways for me.

I have long been interested in the idea of doors, drawers, windows that are built into the human body. I think a lot of this comes from my love of Salvador Dali, who also created many images with that theme. On the other hand, I can say with all honesty that I created many artworks with this type of imagery before I had been exposed to Dali's work displaying the same forms - so I can say that using these elements in my art is not completely borrowed!

My interest in blackbirds (crows, ravens, and otherwise) has already been well-established in this project. The idea of flight is captivating to me, and I have often said that it's the "super power" I would choose if given the opportunity. I'm sure that I'll expand on this idea and reveal more of my "secrets" as the project continues...

#54 December 13, 2010,  Pencil
Sounds: The Police, Synchronicity

No comments:

Post a Comment