Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 50

Sometimes the facial expression is made through "acting" . . . and sometimes it is not...

I'm doing things a little different today. As always, the self-portrait that is posted today was actually completed yesterday. Usually, I also write the blog entry at the same time - but on this occasion, I only wrote the above statement. And I had nothing more...until now.

Over the past several months, I've come to realize a lot of things about myself - things I want, things I don't, things that matter, and things that don't. Like anyone else, I get extremely frustrated when things happen beyond my control that negatively affect me or my family. Of course, everyone knows that "bad things" will sometimes happen; but I also really want to believe that when faced with the choice, that people will ultimately do the right thing. I know that perhaps this sounds too trusting of human nature, but for now I'm going to continue to hope for the best.

On a somewhat related note, it never ceases to amaze me how certain artists throughout history have been able to exist on such extreme emotionalism - it's no wonder that some of them have been labeled as crazy!

#50 December 9, 2010,  Charcoal and conte
Sounds:  The Cure, Disentegration

1 comment:

  1. I shouldn't start every comment with "wow" or "awesome" but it continues to apply. This one reminds me of a book that we have both read and discussed - "The Road." Interesting that your left shoulder resembles the road. I, too, would like to believe that people will ultimately make the right choice, and I, too, am skeptical, but hopeful. It's what makes life worth living, ultimately, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete