Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 40

I'm gonna be honest here: I had no desire to make any kind of art tonight. It simply just wasn't in me at all. And while the drawing is okay, I'm not in love with it. But even if the artwork itself doesn't move me, I did come to a few realizations.

First of all, it reminded me of something that I was fully aware of even way back on Day One: over a full year, there will be days like this. When it comes down to it, a person simply has to make the best of it. And sometimes a drawing might have to be made in a short time - just to get it in. On the other hand, as I've shown with a few portraits, sometimes a person is extremely motivated to make art, but it just doesn't work out well. Art-making can sure be a crazy thing!!

This portrait was also a bit unique in the sense that I drew directly in pen with no pre-drawing in pencil as I usually do. However, in looking at the past several portraits, it occurs to me that I've become a little reliant on this medium. For that reason, I'm considering myself "grounded" from the pen at least for a couple days!!

#40 November 29, 2010,  Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment