Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 34

This is getting pretty fun!  I will say that this painting turned out looking very different than I had originally planned, in part because it wasn't supposed to be a painting in the first place.  I had an original idea for a black and white image, then I thought I'd add a bit of a spot color, then it turned into a full color painting.  I'm sure glad it became what it did!

When it comes down to it, you shouldn't look too hard for a meaning.  I like whimsy, I like silliness.  Yes, there's probably a meaning behind this one, but I'm a little unsure what it is.  And while I still find that a little strange at times, it's a concept that I have come to embrace.  I love the fact that an idea can just pop into my head (or in this case, it can evolve from a different starting place) and I am so moved by it that I don't NEED to understand it.

#34 November 23, 2010,  Acrylic and charcoal on wood panel
Sounds: BR549, Tangled in the Pines

2 comments:

  1. I think this is one of my favs so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this fella (sans blindfold) deserves more development - here's an idea - make your bird into a woodstock emblem (think bird on a guitar neck) and your dude into...well, the dude...

    ReplyDelete