Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 36

As I worked on today's self-portrait, I came to a pretty sobering realization: I'd probably be sharing a bigger part of myself than I had on the previous pieces in this project. And while I was fully aware that I could always do a different drawing or painting and no one would ever know, I didn't want to. Most people who "know" me, know that I can be a pretty emotional person - a trait that is sometimes good, and sometimes not so great.

It's a sad thing when a person looks in the mirror and realizes that they may not like the person who is looking back at them. I think we all have some things about ourselves that we wish we could change. In my case, I know I can be pretty overbearing in certain situations, which at times makes me seem like - for lack of a better word - an asshole.

That's something that I'd really like to change...

#36 November 25, 2010,  Pen on paper
Sounds: Ryan Adams, Gold

1 comment:

  1. Once again, though I said I wouldn't continue to say this - "WOW"! Whether we want to admit it or not, we all live with the voices in our heads, and they rarely agree with each other. I've stared at that same face in the mirror before and to confront him and win is a daily achievement I always strive for...

    ReplyDelete