Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 33

I'm not sure at what point it occurred to me that this was one of those drawings, one of those that I would really love. I think it was around the time that I did the original drawing and was doing the three tracings off of that one - about that time I realized that this one was gonna be good. And even better: I was having a blast!

When I was working on a drawing last week, I had the idea to do a "See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil" theme. I will admit, however, that it is something of a cliche. But a couple days ago when a friend suggested I do that theme, I figured that was now two of us that thought it might be a good idea! I know there are some who will be surprised that it took this long for a blindfolded character to make an appearance in one of these self-portraits, since that's a very common visual that I use in my paintings. At any rate, I tried to portray each of these elements in a way that was maybe a little different than I had seen them done before.

#33 November 22, 2010,  Pen on paper
Sounds: The Avett Brothers, Emotionalism

No comments:

Post a Comment