Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 21

Early on in this project, it was suggested to me that my self-portraits were too dark, too brooding. I was encouraged to show the "real me." And I'll admit that in person I am usually far from serious; I love to joke around with pretty much anyone and everyone, my language consists of a plethora of movie quotes, and I regularly use the words "dude" and "awesome."

Despite the encouragement, the past few days' whimsical self-portraits are not made of a conscious decision. In fact, they're more of a natural progression in this project. In this case, the idea emerged when several comments were made about a facebook status I posted about the phrase "Liar, Liar, pants on fire." What the hell, I decided to run with it!

#21 November 10, 2010,  Watercolor and pen
Sounds: Gas Giants, From Beyond the Back Burner

No comments:

Post a Comment