Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 273

This is another one of those days where I don't have a lot to say about the self-portrait. Frankly, there wasn't a lot of inspiration or story behind it; it is what it is.

Lately, I've thought a lot about this project and what it's meant to me. I have absolutely no regrets about the untertaking and would do it again in an instant, but I've made a few discoveries. Likely the biggest is that it's a significant challenge to find the motivation to work with the same subject matter day in and day out, and to find new and interesting ways to create imagery. In retrospect, I probably had this in the back of my mind when I started the project nearly nine months ago, but it's something that I'm sure I should've thought through a little more.

I have a few thoughts recorded in the back of my sketchbook. Time to see what ideas are lurking back there...


#273 July 20, 2011,  Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment