Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 268

On a recent short vacation to St. Louis, I finally found something I've been searching for and hoping to find for some time now: a wedding ring.

If you've been following along, on Day 207 I asked Shana to marry me, and she happily accepted.  Hers is a lovely vintage ring that had belonged to her Grandma.  She wanted something interesting and unique, and while it isn't technically a wedding/engagment ring, we both knew it was the one.

Like Shana, I was looking for something that was not the plain old everyday run-of-the-mill jewelery store wedding band.

We found it in a small shop that was just a bit cheesy.  But that's okay, because so am I.

It's a simple stainless steel band and wouldn't be described as very fancy.  But then again, neither am I.

It is a little taller than most wedding bands and I'd personally call it kinda unique.  Then again, I like to think I am too.

In other words, I'd say that it's pretty perfect for me.  In fact, I like it so much that I've decided not to wait until we actually have the wedding; this shiny band has already become a permanent fixture on my left hand and that's where it's gonna stay...

#268 July 15, 2011,  Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment