Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 265

I have always liked a bit of duality. In this case, I love seeing both happy and sad together in one image. Perhaps it’s similar to the classic theatre masks featuring comedy and tragedy faces in conjunction with each other. It’s a fact that sometimes human beings can have some pretty vicious mood swings, and I’m probably a lot more guilty of that than the average person. No, I don’t like it, but I at least I realize this about myself.

In this case, the old phrase is true: knowledge is power. If a person knows that there’s something about themselves that’s less than appealing – perhaps a personality trait that they’d simply like to change – then understanding a personal weakness is the first step in changing it.

But from personal experience, this is a hard adjustment to make. It’s easy to say that we will make a change. It’s also easy to say that we will do something. But when it comes down to it, sometimes we all have characteristics that we’d love to rid ourselves of, but they are so ingrained that it seriously takes a lot of work to change.

I’m trying. I really am…


#265 July 12, 2011,  Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment