Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 264

I really love going to a nice zoo, but it seems like any time I go the weather is always at an extreme. It's either way too cold (once complete with lots of snow!) or way too hot. Today was way too hot...

As we walked through the St. Louis Zoo, I asked Shana what her three favorite zoo animals are. Admittedly, I am a big list maker, so I was ready to share mine immediately after she told me hers. But with extreme heat comes extreme irritability, so she shot back with the names of three animals without putting too much thought into it! I can't blame her, though: it was a long day in what proved to be the hottest day of the year so far, which caused a couple young kids (and a couple adults!) to get a bit restless and ready to get out of the heat. All things considered, it was a nice time, though.

(For the record, my three favorite zoo animals, in no particular order: penguins, rhinos, and giraffes.)

#264 July 11, 2011,  Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment