Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 257

After a full evening of Fourth of July festivities, I was tired. In fact, I didn't even have an opportunity to sit down to make today's self-portrait until after midnight. I was so tired that I actually contemplated laying down for a short "power nap" - to which Katey said "A power nap...at midnight? Um, okay..."

But I got an idea . . . and then I was wide awake!

I always get a chuckle out of the dance that accompanies shooting off fireworks. A person walks up to the fuse, then tries to balance themselves while struggling to see the fuse just barely enough in order to light it. Then of course comes a sudden recoil at the false alarm of an unlit fuse! And finally the sparks burst from the tiny fuse and the person scurries to a semi-safe distance away to watch, hoping for a tiny miracle that they will get some semblance of their money's worth for that particular item...

#257 July 4, 2011,  Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment